Transfer of Credits
How to Transfer Your Credit
If you attend Minneapolis College after high school graduation:
- You don’t have to do anything. Your credits are already recorded on your transcript.
If you attend a Minnesota State institution (other than Minneapolis College):
- Visit the Minnesota State website for a list of the 37 Minnesota State institutions. The University of Minnesota is not a MinnState institution.
- Contact the Minnesota State institution you plan to attend and ask them to retrieve your Minneapolis College transcript electronically, at no cost to you. This is not automatic. You do need to notify your new institution that you have credits at Minneapolis College.
If you attend any other public or private college in Minnesota or out-of-state:
- Don’t skip steps. Our studies show the credits you earned at Minneapolis College will most likely be accepted as transfer credit.
- Visit the Request an Official Transcript Online webpage.
- You will have an option to make the request using your StarID or without using a StarID.
- Either way, fill out the form to request your transcript be sent electronically to your institution. The cost for the transcript is $5.
If you are having problems, you may contact Sandra Gonzalez with your question.