Public Safety Office: 612-659-6910
Public Safety Director: 612-659-6902
Public Safety Associate Director: 612-659-6908
Public Safety Supervisor: 612-659-6907
Safety Administrator: 612-659-6903
Minneapolis College Public Safety is the primary department for supporting the personal safety of Minneapolis Community and Technical College students, employees and visitors.
Personal awareness and applying personal safety practices are the foundation of a safe community. We keep Minneapolis Community and Technical College’s campus safe and welcoming.
The Public Safety office is located in R.3100 on the north end of the Hennepin skyway (parking ramp side) at 1420 Hennepin Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Public Safety Statement Form
- Report any campus criminal or medical situations by calling ext. 6900 from any campus extension or using your personal phone, call 612-659-6900. Minneapolis College's Public Safety staff will respond to and resolve all calls for assistance
- You may choose to call 9-1-1 for any emergency situation
- Please notify the Public Safety Office as soon as possible after placing a 9-1-1 call
- You may be asked to provide more information by completing the Public Safety Statement Form below when reporting or witnessing incidents.
Citation Appeal Form
- Only unpaid citations may be appealed
- Appeals must be filed within five (5) working days of the date the citation was issued
- The Director of Public Safety and/or the Vice President of Finance and Operations makes the decision on all appeals. All decisions are final
- The appeal form is available by clicking the link below, or on the parking website.
Public Safety Service form
Jump Starts or Break Downs
- Minneapolis College employees are not licensed mechanics and cannot assist in vehicle repair of any kind. However, Minneapolis College does provide a "booster" box that ramp customers can utilize
- A driver's license deposit is required for the usage of the jump-start booster. The customer's license is returned upon return of the booster to the ramp office
- Minneapolis College does not guarantee the availability nor the effectiveness of the booster box.
Locked Keys in car
- Minneapolis College Public Safety will attempt to assist you with vehicle lockout issues at no charge to the customer
- Various independent companies currently offer key retrieval service for a fee to the vehicle owner/user
- Minneapolis College does not endorse any one company, but only provides phone numbers for the convenience of our customers (please contact the ramp office directly for current information on key retrieval assistance at 612-659-6835)
- Be aware that roadside assistance programs, emergency service agencies and insurance companies frequently DO cover vehicle lockout service. Please contact your agent or company for more information and the coverage requirements of your plan.
Vehicle Low Tire Pressure Assistance
- Minneapolis College Public Safety will attempt to assist by providing a portable air pump
- A driver's license deposit is required for the usage of the air pump
- Minneapolis College does not guarantee the availability nor the effectiveness of the air pump.
Minneapolis College Public Safety requires the completion of the form below for all services:
Minneapolis College has Star Alert, a system that will deliver time-sensitive emergency notifications to you. With Star Alert, our campus leaders and Public Safety Department are able to reach all students and employees with information and updates during emergencies, within minutes, through phone calls, e-mails and/or text messages.
Please take a minute to update and add to your contact information.
Updating student information
- Go to eServices and log in with your ID and Password
- From the left hand side of the screen Click on Account Management
- Click on Name and Address Info (from the menu on the left) and review your information
- If you need to make changes to your address click on edit. Follow the steps below to update your address. When you are finished making changes click on Change Address.
- If the information we have on file is the same as what we have on file you will receive a message that states: No modifications found; store not executed
- If modifications have been made you will receive a message that states the store was successful
- If you do not see a link to edit please contact Student Services by calling 612-659-6282 or contact Records and indicate that you are unable to update your address via e-services.
- From the menu on the left click on, Demographic Info
- Review the information here and update any information as needed
- Please scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter your e-mail address in the field marked e-mail address. If the e-mail address is accurate you do not need to make any modifications
- Once you have verified the accuracy of your e-mail address please click on submit.
- If the information the College has on file you will receive a message that states: No modifications found; store not executed
- If modifications have been made you will receive a message that states the store was successful.
Updating employee information
We are asking employees to review, and update if necessary, their own personal information using the Employee Self Service Website. This data is secured by your user ID and password. Reviewing this information helps to ensure it is accurate and complete.
- Access the Employee Self Service website
- Sign in with your user ID and password. Employees may obtain sign-in instructions from Human Resources or Payroll office.
- On the Menu, select State of MN Self Service.
- Select My Personal Information.
- On the Menu, select from the links available to update several Personal Information items
Public Safety is responsible for opening buildings during the regular hours of operation.
Please note that on Saturdays entrance points to buildings may be limited and employees entering the facility may be required to display picture ID to access restricted areas.
There is no access to campus buildings on Sundays.
The Minneapolis College Public Safety department secures and alarms all buildings after hours.
Minneapolis College encourages all students and College community members to be fully aware of the safety issues on and around the campus and to take action to prevent and to report illegal and inappropriate activities. Personal awareness and applying personal safety practices are the foundation of a safe community.
Each year Minneapolis College’s Public Safety Department creates and publishes an annual Campus Compliance and Security Report offering 3 years of campus crime statistics. The Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act requires that this report include information about particular types of crimes that occur in and around Minneapolis College campus properties.
This report further includes policy statements, program descriptions and procedures to follow in response to criminal activities.
A copy of these reports can be obtained by calling the Public Safety Department at 612-659-6910.
- 2023 Compliance and Security Report
- 2022 Compliance and Security Report
- 2021 Compliance and Security Report
- 2020 Compliance and Security Report
- Biennial Drug and Alcohol Report 2020-21
- Biennial Drug and Alcohol Report 2018-20
Level 3 Predatory Offender Information
The Federal Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act is a law that provides for the tracking of convicted, registered Level 3 Predatory Offenders enrolled as students at institutions of higher education, or working or volunteering on campus. The law requires institutions of higher education to issue a statement advising the campus community where law enforcement agency information provided by a State concerning registered Level 3 Predatory Offenders may be obtained. It also requires Predatory Offenders already required to register in a State to provide notice, to the appropriate state agency, as required under State law, of each institution of higher education in that State at which the person is employed, carries on a vocation, or is a student.
Information regarding Level 3 Predatory Offenders may be obtained through the Minneapolis Police department. The Minneapolis Police department may be contacted at 612-673-2817.
In addition, information regarding registered Level 3 Predatory Offenders may be obtained through the Minnesota Department of Corrections at 651-642-0200.
An offender locator, for offenders that have the highest risk for re-offence, can be accessed from the Minnesota Department of Corrections website found here.
Currently, we are have one known offender at Minneapolis College.
Did you say FREE Parking?.....College administration is providing another option for employees and students to reduce their parking costs.
Any 2 or more Minneapolis College Employee/Employee, Employee/Student or Student/Student riding in the same vehicle who produce Minneapolis College ID will be allowed into the parking ramp at no charge.
To utilize this service please drive your vehicle into Lane #1 of the parking ramp and speak to the cashier on duty. When 2 Minneapolis College members within the car provide Minneapolis College ID the cashier will lift the gate-arm and allow entrance for FREE.
This carpool free parking option will begin September 6, 2022. If you have questions about this program please contact me.
Director of Public Safety