Articulated Agreements


Articulation agreements offer high school students the opportunity to earn college credit for particular career and technical courses taught at high schools.

In these arrangements, the college has agreed to grant credit to students after they complete a number of conditions.

These conditions typically include:

  1. Passing the designated course or series of courses at the high school with a set minimum grade.
  2. Completing specific skill assessments or projects with a minimum score level as identified in the articulation agreement.
  3. Graduating from the high school where the articulation agreement exists.
  4. Acceptance to Minneapolis College and acceptance to the program of study listed in the articulation agreement.
  5. Presenting a certificate to the College demonstrating completion of the conditions of the agreement.

Once the conditions are met, the college will grant the credit for the course or courses listed in the articulation agreement. The student must complete the program of study listed in the articulation agreement in order for the articulated course(s) to remain on the official transcript. Courses cannot be counted toward other programs of study.

Claiming Credits

Students should verify whether the course they took in high school is covered under an articulation agreement. Current agreements are listed below. In addition, high schools list articulation agreements on the Career and Training Education website. Click where it says “Do Your Courses Qualify?”

Students can request credits earned through articulation agreements be applied to their official transcript at any time within the first three years after high school graduation.

These are the steps:

  1. The student must obtain proof of course completion requirements.
    • One option is to visit the Career and Technical Education website, create a student account, and print a certificate of completion.
    • High school instructors or counselors may distribute the completion forms to students at the close of the course in high school. Students should safeguard the forms until they are ready to be submitted.
    • Another option is to request an Articulation Completion Form from the high school teacher who taught the course. The high school instructor or counselor will need to sign the form to verify completion of requirements. If the form is not available, contact Sandra Gonzalez to request a form.
  2. The student must submit the certificate of completion to Minneapolis College’s Records and Registration department for it to be processed and credit granted.

The awarded credit will be reflected on the student’s college official transcript and degree audit report.

Current Articulation Agreements

Minneapolis College has articulation agreements with these institutions for the indicated programs. Articulation agreements can be added or removed with frequency, and students are urged to verify whether their high school courses fall under an agreement.

Minneapolis Public Schools:

  • Architectural Technology Diploma
  • Graphic Arts Certificate
  • Graphic Arts A.A.S.
  • Machine Tool Technology A.A.S.
  • Welding and Metal Fabrication
  • Any Informational Technology program requiring ITEC 1150
  • Central Services Technician
  • Dental Office Support
  • Pharmacy Technician
  • Photography and Digital Imaging