Equity and Inclusion Staff
Director of Equity and Inclusion
Nanette Missaghi started with Minneapolis College in March 2018. She is an author, consultant, and trainer on racial equity leadership, culture, cultural competence, and eliminating racism.
She holds an MA degree in anthropology from the University of Minnesota and a Bachelor of Arts degree in history with minors in anthropology and American Indian Studies from Bemidji State University.
Missaghi’s interests include racial equity, culturally responsive pedagogy and the intersection of culture and race in educational settings. Missaghi is a licensed Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) coach.
Missaghi contributed chapters in the following works:
- Out From the Shadows: Power, Pride, and Perseverance at a Northern Community College. An American Story in White, Black, and Red
- The Network for Excellence in Teaching. Preparing Effective Teachers: Multiple Approaches to Ensure Teaching Quality and Impact. Co-author with Elizabeth Finsness, Chapter 8-Measures of Culturally Relevant and Responsive Pedagogy
- Equity Pedagogy: Teaching Diverse Student Populations. The Relevance of Culture and Identity: Why it Matters.
- More Courageous Conversations about Race by Glenn E. Singleton. Co-authored Chapter 11-Eden Prairie Schools- A Case Study with Dr. Melissa Krull.
- Missaghi contributes to the Eden Prairie News Spiritually Speaking column and writes a blog called CultureIntel at www.cultureintel.com.
Catrina is the executive assistant to Patrick Troup, Vice President of Student Affairs. She has a background in educational programming, performing arts, youth development, and science. She has over 15 years in creative production, from producing educational television programs for PBS, C-SPAN, Discovery and Travel Channels, to events with national and local non-profit organizations.
Catrina received her bachelor’s degree in environmental studies from Wellesley College. In her spare time, she is a professional actor and storyteller. Her strong desire to “do her dreams” has landed her swimming with penguins in the Galapagos, crewing on a double-masted schooner to Cuba, working in Washington, D.C., and living pura vida in Costa Rica and London