How can I transfer my credits and does my GPA transfer as well?
- To transfer your credits, you will need to send official transcripts of all the colleges you’ve attended to the college/university you plan to transfer to. When your transcripts are evaluated, only the courses and credits will transfer. Your GPA will not transfer.
I don’t have a major yet, what do I do?
- If you’re unsure about the field you would like to pursue, visit our Career Services office and speak with a Career Advisor. You can take assessments to learn more about yourself, your passions, and your gifts.
What is the right way to transfer?
- There is no right or wrong way to transfer. Work with your Academic Advisor to explore your options based on your major and where you want to transfer.
Can I still take classes at Minneapolis College while working on my Bachelor’s degree?
- Once a student, always a student. Many of our former students will take courses during the Summer term to catch up or get ahead on credits and SAVE MONEY!
Who can I contact to learn more about transferring into a specific school?
- If you know the school you would like to transfer to, speak with a representative in their Admissions office. If you’re unsure about what to ask, we got you covered! Use this cheat sheet when meeting with them.
Can I choose which credits I want to transfer?
- Unfortunately, you cannot pick and choose which courses to transfer. Your entire Minneapolis College transcript will be evaluated at your transfer institution.
Do I have to notify Minneapolis College when I transfer?
- You do not have to notify us when you transfer, but you should speak with your academic advisor to make sure you are taking the appropriate courses to transfer out.