Enroll Now in the Virtual Summer Scholars Academy
Spend eight days sharpening your skills and setting yourself up for fall semester! The Virtual Summer Scholars Academy is a great opportunity for Minneapolis College students with a READ 0200 course placement.
This free program builds confidence and allows students to network virtually with peers and staff from Minneapolis College. This program also offers a chance for a \$300 scholarship towards fall semester tuition. Capacity is limited, registration closes on July 10.
Summer Scholars Academy classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from July 11 – August 3.
Who is eligible for the Summer Scholars Academy:
- Students with a READ 0200 course placement
- Eligible Course Placement Methods and Metrics for Reading and English
- Accuplacer Next Gen Reading score of 236 or higher
- Accuplacer Classic Reading score of 60 or higher
- High school GPA within the past 10 years of 2.1 or higher
- Eligible Guided Self-Placement of READ 0200
For questions about your placement, program eligibility, or to enroll, meet with an advisor in person or virtually!
Reasons to register for the Virtual Summer Scholar Academy:
- Develop learning strategies/study skills in reading and/or writing
- Save $ on developmental education courses by completing this free course
- Earn bookstore scholarships: \$150 for fall 2023 semester with successful completion of the Summer Scholar Academy program and \$150 for spring 2024 with a 2.0 GPA earned for fall 2023
- Explore services and resources available to students via workshops, such as:
- Time management and study skills
- Financial Aid literacy
- Student Support Center- Resource Referral
- Major and Career Exploration<
- Critical Thinking and SMART Goals
- Self-Care for College students
For more information on the Summer Scholars Academy:
- Attend a virtual Information and Registration session to ask questions about the program, check for possible eligibility, and obtain registration assistance:
- Wednesday, June 21 | 3 – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 27 | 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Check the Website for more details
- Contact Program Administrator Sari Siregar