Student Employment Opportunities at the Academic Success Center
Do you wish there was someone to "show you the ropes" when you first started college? Do you like to help people? Do you do well in a certain subject? If so, consider joining the Academic Success Center team!
What are the benefits of WORKING FOR THE ACADEMIC SUCCESS CENTER?
Student employees have the opportunity of varied roles within the Academic Success Center, including front desk reception, computer lab, peer tutor, and peer mentor. These are paid, professional positions for students who want to improve communication skills, work with students, strengthen their familiarity with an academic discipline, and strengthen their familiarity with outreach and campus resources. Schedules are flexible based on your availability and the Center’s business needs.
Mentor candidates will be trained through our NEW Culturally Responsive Mentorship Training Program on topics such as Communication Skills, Professionalism and Ethics, Stress Management, and Campus Resources. Mentor candidates will also explore cultural perspectives through the Intercultural Development Inventory assessment.
- Completion of the course(s) in which tutoring is to be offered, with minimum grade of B.
- Be registered for 6 + credit hours of course work.
- Submit a recommendation from campus staff or faculty, or another professional who can verify your aptitude for serving others.
- Have good interpersonal communication skills and ability to relate with people from varying educational, cultural, and social backgrounds.
- Consider yourself to be responsible, reliable, and punctual.
- Complete the FAFSA and submit all requested materials. This is required for all student employment positions.
- Register for at least 6 credits during the term that you plan to tutor. You must maintain enrollment in at least 6 credits during employment.
- Complete the Application and request that a faculty member in your intended tutoring subject submit the Recommendation Form. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.