Nursing Degree Application Information 2021-2022
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Fall Semester application deadline:
April 1, 2021
Spring Semester application deadline:
September 1, 2021
Minneapolis College is a proud partner with Augsburg University. Our dual admission offers graduating Associate of Science (AS) in Nursing students, a seamless pathway to pursue their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Augsburg University.
Criteria for Application to the Minneapolis College Nursing Program
- Be an accepted Minneapolis College student in good academic standing. Visit the Admissions webpage at Minneapolis College.
- Transfer students (from non-Minnesota State system colleges) should submit official transcripts for evaluation. Visit the Transfer Center at Minneapolis College.
- Score 70% or higher on Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) standardized Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and submit those official scores to Minneapolis College thru ATI. The ATI TEAS exam must be taken within two (2) years of the application deadline. TEAS dates, times, locations, and more information is available at the TEAS exam webpage.
- Successful completion of a college composition writing course (Minneapolis College ENGA 1110 or ENGL 1110 or ENGL 1111 or the exact transfer equivalent) with a grade of “B” or higher. Visit Transferology. Official AP transcripts showing English writing scores of 3 or higher (within the past 5 years) can also be submitted to meet this criteria.
- Successful completion of Anatomy (Minneapolis College BIOL 2224 or exact transfer equivalent) with a grade of “B” or higher, completed within the past three (3) years. Visit Transferology.
Application Review Process
All minimum admission requirements must be met. Applications are reviewed using the following criteria:
- ATI TEAS overall score and the number of attempts to achieve 70% or higher.
- SCIENCE requirement grade for BIOL 2224 (Anatomy with lab). Number of attempts to achieve “B” or higher grade.
- Completion of pre-nursing program coursework at Minneapolis College.
- Current nursing assistant and/or have completed Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (NAHA 1819) is NOT required, but may be used as application review criteria.