Advanced Standing LPN to RN Nursing Application Information for 2022
Spring Semester Application Deadline:
September 1, 2021
*NOTE: Applicants who are LPNs are welcome to apply to join the program during any application cycle (Fall/Spring). However, to begin the program in FALL semester, LPNs must take NPRO 1000 instead of NPRO 1010, and waive the 5 credits of advanced standing associated with NPRO 1010. The Fall 2021 application deadline is April 1, 2021.
Minneapolis College is a proud partner with Augsburg University. Our dual admission offers graduating Associate of Science (AS) in Nursing students, a seamless pathway to pursue their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Augsburg University.
Criteria for Application to the Minneapolis College Nursing Program
- Be an accepted Minneapolis College student in good academic standing. Visit the Admissions webpage at Minneapolis College.
- Current, non-expired, and unencumbered (no restrictions) practical nursing license (LPN).
- Transfer students (from non-Minnesota State system colleges) should submit official transcripts for evaluation. Visit the Transfer Center at Minneapolis College. Transcript must verify graduation from an approved practical nursing program offered by an accredited post-secondary education institution, and coursework must include college composition and anatomy with lab.
- Transcripts must indicate grades of straight “C” or higher in all practical nursing courses; successful completion of college composition (exact transfer equivalent of ENGL 1110, 1111, or ENGA 1110) with a grade of “B” or higher; successful completion of anatomy (exact transfer equivalent of BIOL 2224) with a grade of “B” or higher. Visit Transferology or in eServices under academic record, the Degree Audit (DARS) report.
- Score 70% or higher on Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) standardized Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and submit those official scores to Minneapolis College thru ATI. The ATI TEAS exam must be taken within two (2) years of the application deadline. TEAS dates, times, locations, and more information is available at the TEAS exam webpage.
Application Review Process
All minimum admission requirements (listed above) must be met. Applications are reviewed using the following criteria:
- ATI TEAS overall score and the number of attempts to achieve 70% or higher.
- SCIENCE requirement grade for BIOL 2224 (Anatomy with lab). Number of attempts to achieve “B” or higher grade.
- Completion of pre-nursing program coursework at Minneapolis College.