Minneapolis College's Business Management degrees provide comprehensive, industry-focused training in business functional areas, career skills, and business technologies to prepare you for a variety of positions in the business world. Business Management students can choose from A.A.S., A.S., and certificate awards based on your goals and interests.
In these programs, students interact with experienced instructors and business professionals; gain skills that lead to career advancement; prepare business plans and research for entrepreneurial activities; and become comfortable with technology to improve productivity and prepare for the business world.
- Learn from real-world expertise. Instructors with business and industry experience lead classes and cover the various program areas.
- Get ready for the business world. Students gain invaluable knowledge and skills that they can apply in the workplace or toward continued study in business
- Flexible schedules and formats. Most courses are offered during the day and at night. Some courses are offered online, providing convenient scheduling options for students.
- Prepare for the business world. Students learn business technologies, including MS Office that will prepare them for many workplaces.
- This program is powered by partnerships. Working with business partners, advisory committees, and the Minneapolis College Career Services, all the Business Management awards have had input from industry professionals.
Award Requirements and Course Descriptions & Outlines
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Utilize team building and project management skills.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit that leads to success of real life business creation.
- Analyze organizational strengths and weaknesses that demonstrates the competitive environment when launching a new company, product, or service.
- Communicate ethically and effectively to maximize productivity, profitability and motivation.
- Apply the planning, leading, organizing and controlling functions of a business.
- Develop a professional marketing plan that involves the launch of a new product or service that benefits society.