The Biology Transfer Pathway A.S. offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Biology bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities*.
The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the 7 Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
Students planning to transfer outside of the Minnesota State System are advised to consult with their intended transfer institution to determine transferability of the courses in this curriculum.
*This transfer pathway in Associate of Science in Biology will transfer to the following majors:
- Bemidji State University: Biology, B.A. or Biology, B.S.
- Metropolitan State University: Biology, B.A.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Biology, B.S.
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Biology, B.A.
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Biology, B.A.
- St. Cloud State University: Life Sciences, B.E.S.
- Winona State University: Biology-Allied Health, B.S. or Biology-Cell & Molecular, B.S. or Biology-Ecology, B.S. or Biology-Environmental Science, B.S.
- Minneapolis College is located in close proximity to the University of Minnesota and a number of private colleges where you may transfer after completing your A.S. Degree.
- You will have the opportunity to work with state of the art technology in Minneapolis College’s brand new Science Center.
- Laboratories in Minneapolis College’s Biology program are customized for each course.
- You will have plenty of opportunities for extra support through study groups, tutorials, and various clubs such as the Science Club and the Three Legged Frog Club, a student created environmental group.
- The Biology Associate of Science Degree Transfer Pathway is specifically designed to prepare you for transfer into the third year of a biology major in a four-year college or university.
- You will have the opportunity to take a comprehensive collection of courses from Principles of Biology Courses and Organic Chemistry to advanced courses where you will be able to choose your focus.
In the Biology program, you'll have numerous opportunities to join student groups, and receive additional help through online resources facilitated by Minneapolis College instructors.
The demand for workers with a background in Biological Science is ever growing. Depending on your field of interest, you can choose any number of paths that will lead to well paid and fulfilling employment.
Potential Job Titles
- Medical Scientist
- Park Naturalist
- Forensic Science Technician
Where You Could Work
- With an A.S. Degree in Biology from Minneapolis College, you can pursue your study at a four-year college or University, which leads to an expansive range of careers in the field of biology and other science related fields
- You can also, after transferring to a four-year college with your A.S. Degree in Biology, pursue a career in teaching or the medical profession.