Yoga Teacher Training
Become a steward of yoga by learning all aspects of this wonderful and relevant tradition. As a Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance, our comprehensive curriculum includes anatomy and physiology, yoga humanities, professional yoga essentials and physical and subtle yoga practices and techniques. Our hands-on program will cultivate a unique, well-rounded perspective and nurture your development as a qualified and transformative yoga teacher.
- The program is designed to be convenient; you can begin any semester and take courses at your own desired pace.
- The program is financial aid eligible.
- The teaching practicum is woven throughout the entire program. You will develop skills to create equitable and inclusive spaces teaching yoga, one-to-one, in a small group or in large group settings.
- Complete an Associate of Arts degree along with this certificate and transfer seamlessly into the Health and Wellness Management degree at Winona State University.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze personal attitudes and belief systems about their body, mind and spirit, and their role in the context of the community.
- Assess one's current state of health through all the dimensions of Wellness (physical, mental, emotional, social, spiritual, occupational and environmental) and apply coping strategies to balance one's health now and gain resiliency for the future.
- Design and implement behavior modification plans that strive for excellence in wellness through healthy behaviors and boundaries and positive decision making.
- Demonstrate proper performance of physical skills through body mechanics and personal and community safety techniques.
- Critique their own use of the teaching principles and methods communicated and implemented during peer to peer and trainee to client teaching interactions.