Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instruction
Minneapolis College’s personal trainer and group exercise instruction program prepares graduates to work in the dynamic field of health and fitness. As an educational partner with the American Council on Exercise (ACE), this program will provide you with the knowledge, skills and practical experience to be a qualified, motivated fitness trainer and prepare you for the dynamic employment opportunities in this growing field.
- You will gain transformative knowledge in the latest in health and fitness
- Employers prefer to hire personal trainers and exercise instructors that have certification
- You will learn the tools necessary to jump start a career in personal training and exercise instruction
- We are an educational partner with the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the leading nonprofit exercise professional and health coach certification organization
Award Requirements and Course Descriptions & Outlines
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
Professional Licensure or Certification Disclosure
Successful completion of the Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instruction program at Minneapolis College will meet the educational requirements to sit for the ACE certification exam. Minneapolis College is required to identify if our degree meets the educational requirements outside of Minnesota. More information can be found by visiting the Licensure/Certifications Disclosures webpage.
If you have further questions about certification for Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instruction, please feel free to reach out to Heidi Aldes, Dean of Enrollment Management.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze personal attitudes and belief systems about ones body, mind and spirit and articulates their role in the context of community.
- Assess one's current state of health and apply strategies to restore balance to one's health.
- Design and implement behavior modification plans to achieve wellness goals.
- Effectively demonstrate appropriate body mechanics in physical activities and safety techniques.