Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instruction
Minneapolis College’s personal trainer and group exercise instruction program prepares graduates to work in the dynamic field of health and fitness. As an educational partner with the American Council on Exercise (ACE), this program will provide you with the knowledge, skills and practical experience to be a qualified, motivated fitness trainer and prepare you for the dynamic employment opportunities in this growing field.
- You will gain transformative knowledge in the latest in health and fitness
- Employers prefer to hire personal trainers and exercise instructors that have certification
- You will learn the tools necessary to jump start a career in personal training and exercise instruction
- We are an educational partner with the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the leading nonprofit exercise professional and health coach certification organization
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
- You will learn the process and skills to design and implement exercise programs.
- You will learn strategies to teach clients proper technique to support clients in developing healthy behaviors.
- you will also learn the process and techniques to design and instruct group exercise classes.
You will gain practical experience in our fitness center by working with the MCTC community.
The Minneapolis College Personal Trainer and Group Exercise curriculum is designed to help prepare students to sit for the professional licensure exam for Minnesota. At this time, Minneapolis College is unable to make a determination if the Personal Trainer and Group Exercise program meets the licensing requirement for any state or US protectorate besides Minnesota. You will want to contact the licensing board in which state you intend to pursue licensure for their requirements.
If you have further questions about licensure for Personal Trainer and Group Exercise, please feel free to reach out to Heidi Aldes, Interim Dean of Enrollment Management.
Personal trainer, fitness trainer, and exercise instructor careers are projected to grow 13 percent from 2018 to 2028 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. This growth is much faster than the average for all occupations. As many organizations including businesses, government, and insurance providers continue to promote the benefits of health and fitness for their employees, incentives to join gyms or other types of health clubs are expected to increase the need for personal trainers, fitness trainers, and exercise instructors.
Potential Job Titles
- Personal trainer
- Group exercise instructor
- Fitness Instructor
- Fitness Coach
- Health Fitness Assistant
- Corporate Fitness Instructor
- Sports Performance Coach
Where You Could Work
- Health clubs
- Fitness facilities
- Yoga studios
- Corporate wellness centers
- Community education
- Senior living facilities
- Clinics, hospitals or treatment centers