Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide
Nursing assistants and home health aides are essential members of today’s healthcare teams. In this role, you will work with the interdisciplinary team to provide direct care for individuals throughout the lifespan with a wide variety of alterations in health. Minneapolis College’s program provides the theoretical knowledge and hands-on skills training in our state-of-the-art nursing lab to prepare you for this exciting career. Upon completion of the program you will be a highly sought after vital member of the healthcare team, employable in multiple care settings. Minneapolis College’s nursing assistant/home health aide program also helps to prepare you for a future career in the field of nursing.
- This program is approved by the Minnesota Department of Health.
- You will gain foundational skills in nursing that will make you a more competitive applicant for Minneapolis College’s Nursing program.
- Nursing assistant faculty are highly educated and experienced professional nurses.
- Minneapolis College’s diverse and inclusive student population helps prepare you to provide care to all individuals within the global community.
- You will practice nursing assistant/home health aide skills in one of the largest nursing lab’s in Minnesota.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate student learning within a clinical setting.
- Understand the psychosocial and physical needs of resident/client.
- Understand the health worker's roles/responsibilities.
- Provide appropriate resident/client personal care.