The Nursing Assistant program focuses on the knowledge and skills needed to care for clients in long term care, acute care, and/or home care settings under the supervision of a nurse. You will learn how to provide care safely as part of the healthcare team. Upon completion of the course, you will be eligible to take the examination for placement on the Minnesota Department of Health Nursing Assistant Registry.
- This program is approved by the Minnesota Department of Health.
- You will gain foundational skills in nursing that will make you a more competitive applicant for Minneapolis College’s Nursing program.
- Nursing assistant faculty are highly educated and experienced professional nurses.
- Minneapolis College’s diverse and inclusive student population helps prepare you to provide care to all individuals within the global community.
- You will practice nursing assistant/home health aide skills in one of the largest nursing lab’s in Minnesota.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Utilize a culturally congruent person-centered plan of care while providing care to all clients.
- Demonstrate the role of the nursing assistant within the healthcare team.
- Maintain a safe environment while providing care as part of the healthcare team.
- Observe and report both usual and unusual client observations.