Medical Office Professional
In Minneapolis College’s Medical Office Professional program, you will learn the clerical, computer, and administrative support skills you need to become a key staff member for health-related organizations.
The program will familiarize you with medical terminology, medical office procedures, plus give you background in insurance coding and forms processing. Extensive hands-on experience with the latest computer hardware and software applications is central to the program. You will also be shown specifically how to apply those skills in a medical environment.
- You will have abundant employment opportunities after graduation. You will be prepared for entry-level administrative positions in virtually any healthcare setting including clinics, doctors’ offices, hospitals, nursing facilities and dental offices.
- Equipped with sought-after administrative skills, graduates can choose where they work and what they do, including self-employment from home.
- Minneapolis College offers flexible schedules and formats, with most courses offered either during the day or online. Online and hybrid classes offer convenient scheduling options for students.
- A council of industry representatives guides the program. You will gain valuable real-world experience during internships.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop professional ethics and client confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of medical office computers and software technology.
- Develop professional customer services skills.
- Apply effective written, and verbal communication skills