Play this video with descriptive audio.
Become a valuable part of a dental team with Minneapolis College’s accredited Dental Assistant Program. Whether you are new to the field, currently work in a dental office and want to become a Licensed Dental Assistant or you are a Dental Assistant seeking an expanded functions certificate, Minneapolis College provides the training you need.
- The Dental Office Support Personnel certificate is the only entry into the dental assistant career field—and the only program of its kind in Minnesota.
- The program’s classroom, preclinical and clinical experiences prepare students to take the Certification Examination offered by the Dental Assisting National Board and the Licensure Examination offered by the Minnesota Board of Dentistry.
The program in dental assisting is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The Commission’s web address is: https://www.ada.org/en/coda
The dental assistant program is approved by the MN Board of Dentistry. The Board can be contacted at (612) 617-2250 or at 2829 University Ave SE Suite 450, Minneapolis MN 55414. The Board's web address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award Requirements and Course Descriptions & Outlines
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Understand the fundamentals of the dental field.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to perform the MN expanded functions.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to expose and evaluate diagnostically acceptable radiographs.
- Demonstrate a knowledge base and skills in chairside procedures.