The Global Studies Certificate explores how the earth and its people affect each other. Courses use interdisciplinary approaches to connect facts and ideas. Whether you plan to work in journalism, banking, biology or other fields that affect people or the earth, this certificate provides a foundation for you to become a productive citizen and a leader.
- Minneapolis College’s classes include diverse students from many cultures who make Global Studies coursework relevant and personal.
- Global Studies faculty members have diverse backgrounds and are experienced in varied cultures and areas of knowledge.
- Earning a Global Studies certificate makes achievement in any academic field and preparation for any career more convincing by demonstrating that the student has a global perspective.
- You will learn to work collaboratively across borders, communicating effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- You will develop diverse perspectives, attitudes, and insights that help them address complex political, economic, cultural, and environmental issues.
Award Requirements and Course Descriptions & Outlines
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify and analyze the complex local-global connections between practices, systems, ideas and processes in the world.
- Articulate an understanding of the causes of cultural conflicts and explore appropriate responses to them.
- Apply varied theories and perspectives to local-global connections.
- Identify, describe, analyze, interpret, and reflect on cultural institutions, processes, and artifacts.