Interested in a career investigating cybercrime? Minneapolis College's unique Computer Forensics program provides an integrated background in information technology and security, computer forensics, criminal justice, law, investigation and ethics. You’ll graduate with valuable teamwork, technical, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills that give you a leg up in finding a job right a way or continuing on to a four-year degree.
- Instructors with business and industry experience lead classes and cover the various program areas
- Workers with a computer forensics background are frequently employed by government and legal agencies. Rapid growth in online communications is boosting the demand for information security specialists.
- Computer forensics students have the opportunity to participate in student life activities like the Information Technology Club, technology competitions, industry events and internships.
- Many courses are offered during the day and at night. There are varied teaching formats: classroom, online and hybrid (combines classroom and online). Core and mandatory courses are offered every semester.
- Computer learning labs feature small class sizes and are designed for individual work on computers and small group meetings.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Create a plan for ongoing study and professional development as a responsible and ethical member of the IT community
- Provide support and maintenance for information systems
- Identify, understand and apply troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Apply professional skills including communication, customer service, and teamwork
- Create and configure systems