With a Human Services Diploma or A.S. degree, you can help and advocate for those with social, emotional, physical or developmental challenges. The program integrates theory and skills practice and emphasizes peer interaction and group learning projects. Throughout the program, you will gain the skills you need to make a difference people’s lives.
- You’ll learn by doing in the Human Services program, gaining the confidence and skills you need to succeed in today’s job market.
- You’ll build a solid career foundation with community service and extensive fieldwork assignments.
- Performance-based evaluations provide valuable feedback for your personal and professional development.
- As part of Minneapolis College’s diverse student body, you’ll gain the cross-cultural perspective that today’s human services employers are looking for.
- Achieve your career goals: Minneapolis College has a history of consistently high job-placement rates.
- Minneapolis College’s strong network of relationships with community employers opens the door to valuable internship and employment opportunities.
- Human Services students develop strong peer groups as they learn to support each other through group projects, self-exploration and role-playing.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify and apply skills and attitudes that demonstrate cultural competence.
- Effectively utilize a sequence of case management skills and processes.
- Use individual counseling skills to work effectively with clients.
- Structure and facilitate effective group sessions/interactions.
- Identify systems and articulate contextual relationships within which individuals and organizations function.