Web Design and Front-End Development
What it is
Play this video with descriptive audio.
The Web Design & Front-End Development program awards provide the fundamentals for a career in web design. You will gain technical and design skills using current industry-standard software and techniques, getting hands on training from experienced professional instructors who give you plenty of one-on-one attention.
- Our college is located in downtown Minneapolis, which has one of the largest creative and advertising industries in the country.
- Students become part of a tight-knit community that develops a lasting network which can sustain them throughout their design career.
- With our innovative teaching and curriculum, faculty members combine years of industry experience with their strong academic backgrounds.
- Our advisory committee includes representatives from major ad agencies, Fortune 500 companies, non-profit organizations, and local design firms.
- Our graduates have gone on to successful careers at organizations such as: Adobe, Target, Best Buy, Periscope, General Mills, Clockwork, and 3M.
Award Requirements and Course Descriptions & Outlines
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Understand the knowledge gained through the study of the history of graphic design, typography and the visual arts, and apply this knowledge to today's diverse cultures and media marketplaces.
- Develop production skills necessary to work within the environment of media industries: create error free data and documents, work within commercial workflows, time management skills, project planning, image production, and valid web documents.
- Understand the elements and principles of design, user experience, and demonstrate visual literacy using strategies to reinforce visual messages and typographic acuities.
- Articulate design solutions and communicate effectively in verbal and written responses using the language of graphic and web design.
- Demonstrate competence with graphic, print, web and interactive media applications and technologies.
- Apply problem-solving, critical thinking, and a personal and professional obligation to their local and global communities as well as social and moral responsibilities.