Photography and Motion
The Photography and Motion program utilizes the latest in equipment and software to keep pace with professional industry requirements. Coursework covers strobe and continuous lighting, video, portraiture, advertising, studio and location photography. Image makers today require an understanding of social media, design, storytelling and platform specific best practices. The program will encourage individual creativity and expression. You will graduate with a professional portfolio and working knowledge of the photographic industry.
- Minneapolis College’s Photography and Motion program is unique in its approach to photography. We balance the creative aspects with the technical side of photography and video. Including software specific to image capture and enhancement, as well as cameras and lighting used in the studio and on location.
Faculty are experienced, professional photographers selected for their extensive knowledge, work experience, and passion for the subjects they teach.
The availability of leading-edge equipment and facilities strengthen the program’s practical experience. You will have access to the latest software, cameras and lighting equipment as well as the Photography and Motion studio, with individual shooting bays and multiple computer stations for on-site photo and video creation and editing.
- Minneapolis College’s Photography and Motion faculty members work closely with the Twin Cities’ commercial photographic community to ensure the curriculum is current and relevant to industry needs.
Photography and Motion Student Gallery
- Photography and Motion Portfolio Show
- Photography and Motion Portfolio Show 3D Gallery
The Photography and Motion Portfolio Show Virtual 3D Gallery is an innovative opportunity to browse the work of graduating Photography students in a 3D gallery environment. This unique platform puts an emphasis on quality over quantity, allowing the viewer to experience the imagery "in place". The 3D Gallery may take a few seconds to load.
- Class Project Work
Award Requirements and Course Descriptions & Outlines
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Employ professional oral and written communication skills using inclusive language that is effective and appropriate to context and comprehensible to audiences.
- Demonstrate proficiency with industry-standard production tools for photography and motion.
- Select and arrange cameras, lighting and audio equipment to solve technical issues.
- Demonstrate visual communication and literacy using composition and design.
- Develop storytelling narratives to support a cohesive visual message as a content creator.