Graphic Design: Digital and Print Media
Graphic Design: Digital & Print Media, A.A.S.
Minneapolis College’s Graphic Design: Digital & Print Media program centers on the place where words meet images, where clear and purposeful communication meets aesthetic impact and where a range of human needs and desires reside. You will get hands-on experience from experienced instructors in a program that will open up a world for you in a fast-paced Graphic Design career.
Graphic Design: Digital & Print Media Certificates
- Graphic Design: Digital & Print Media, Certificate
- Graphic Design: Digital & Print Media Core, Certificate
Do you want an exciting career that merges creativity with technology? Training from experienced faculty in the program will help you open up a world of possibilities for your graphic design career.
- Our college is located in downtown Minneapolis, which has one of the largest creative and advertising industries in the country.
- Students become part of a tight-knit community that develops a lasting network which can sustain them throughout their design career.
- With our innovative teaching and curriculum, faculty members combine years of industry experience with their strong academic backgrounds.
- Our advisory committee includes representatives from major ad agencies, Fortune 500 companies, non-profit organizations, and local design firms.
- Our graduates have gone on to successful careers at organizations such as: Adobe, Target, Best Buy, Periscope, General Mills, Clockwork, and 3M.
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
- The program’s experienced faculty members teach you how to visually communicate and prepare work for printed reproduction of catalogs, brochures, book jackets, advertisements, packaging and more.
- Coursework covers visual problem solving, art/design principles and print production standards using design software.
- You will learn how type, graphics, illustration and photography work together, and work under tight deadlines to create printed pieces and build a well-rounded portfolio.
- Faculty members have developed numerous award-winning partnerships within the industry and community and you benefit in numerous ways from these alliances.
- You will have the opportunity to do a graphic design internship, where you will obtain supervised work experience that provides an important learning experience, as well as a useful link to the job market.
- You may choose to join The Design Associates of Minneapolis Community and Technical College (DAM) Club, an eclectic group of aspiring designers who recognize that a little collaboration can go a long way. The club is a student chapter of the Minnesota AIGA, the professional association for design and is open to students pursuing design degrees at Minneapolis College, including Graphic Design Print, Web and Interactive Design, Photography and more.
Nationally, employment of graphic designers is expected to grow by 13 percent, according to the Bureau of labor Statistics, which is about as fast as average for all occupations through 2018. Demand for graphic design is continuing to increase from advertisers and design firms, particularly in the realm of print- and Web-based marketing and promotional materials.
Potential Job Titles
- Graphic Designer
- Print Production Specialist
- Creative Director
- Art Director
- Digital Project Manager
- Digital Artist
- Product Designer
- Content Manager
- Account Manager
- Presentation Designer
- Social Media Specialist
Where You Could Work
- Advertising agencies
- Art studios
- Corporate art departments
- Government institutions
- Graphic design firms
- Marketing and public relations firms
- Government and educational institutions