Building Facilities Manager
What it is
Architectural Technology Student:
- Our program uses “state of the industry” computer-aided drafting software including AutoCAD, Revit and SketchUp.
- Students work with virtual reality, and the Adobe suite to create photorealistic renderings of their projects. Virtual reality allows students to walk through their projects.
- The classroom lab reflects the collaborative studio environment found in an Architect’s office. Each student is assigned their own workstation and computer.
- Instructors are all practicing architects, bringing real-world experience and current trends to the classroom.
- Students will become well versed in the area of sustainability.
- Students can transfer all credits toward a bachelor degree in architecture at Dunwoody Technical College. Our program also has transfer agreements with the construction management and operations management programs at Minnesota State Moorhead and with the Technology Construction Management program at St. Cloud State University.
- Our downtown location combines the dynamics of an urban campus setting with the close proximity to future employment. Over 50 architectural firms are within blocks of our campus.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate design objectives into a solution, including program, social factors, client needs, business goals and historic and environmental influences
- Document code-compliant exit paths and accessibility requirements for ramps and restrooms.
- Analyze a given site and program and then design a light commercial building applying industry-standard codes and conventions, along with cultural and social factors
- Effectively use state of the industry software to utilize drawing, modifying and sheet set up commands to communicate constructability
- Select, explain and apply a structural and mechanical system to a building design.
- Produce 2 and 3 dimensional CAD models of building assembly conditions (i.e. details)