In the Apparel Technologies program, you will receive extensive hands-on training in design, manufacturing, alteration and fitting by industry-experienced instructors and gain a sense of personal accomplishment. The program is the only one of its kind in the upper Midwest and will teach you to produce finished, professional garments from pattern to final product.
- Unique. Our Apparel Technologies program is the only one of its kind in the upper Midwest.
- Location. The Apparel Technologies program is conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis, accessible by bus to numerous employment opportunities in the theater, fashion and corporate apparel industries.
- Our Expert Faculty. Thanks to a low student-to-teacher ratio, you will receive personal attention from qualified, passionate faculty members who are working professionals with expertise in the field.
- Cutting-edge Technology and Facilities. Up-to-date technology strengthens the programs’ practical experience.
- Opportunities Abound. Through the Apparel Technologies and Services Association, students have a chance to showcase their work in fashion shows and hear industry-based guest speakers.
Award Requirements and Course Descriptions & Outlines
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of clothing design and product development, including considerations for sustainability
- Safely and effectively operate industrial equipment and following workroom procedures
- Analyze fit, solve problems, and perform corrective adjustment
- Orally and visually communicate design processes and concepts
- Design, manipulate and adjust basic garment patterns
- Fabricate, construct and finish a series of basic garments