No College funds may be encumbered verbally or otherwise without first completing a Requisition for Purchase form and obtaining a purchase order number.
The College is unable to purchase goods or service from vendors who will not accept a State of Minnesota Purchase Order.
Part 1. Requisition for Purchase Forms
Forms are available from your suite secretary or you can obtain the forms from the Purchasing Office, H5.
Subpart A. Completion of Requisition for Purchase Forms
- Forms must be typed or written legibly in ink.
- Requisition for Purchase forms must be signed and dated by the staff person requesting the order.
- Requisitions must include the cost center number, address of vendor and a detailed description of the goods/services being purchased.
- Upon completion of the Requisition for Purchase Form, forward it to the supervisor for approval and signature. The Requisition is then sent to the Purchasing Office for processing.
- The Purchasing Office will generate a purchase order and make the purchase or return to the requestor upon request to allow the requestor to make the purchase.
Part 2. Payment Process
The payment process commences after the Accounts Payable Department has received an invoice approved by the originator of the requisition.
Date of Adoption: 7/1/19999
Date of Implementation (if different from from adoption date):
Date of Last Review: 7/1/1999
Date and Subject of Revisions: