Educational field trips may be undertaken provided the following conditions are met:
- The field trip must relate directly to the course content.
- Field trips should be used only if they are the most appropriate technique available in achieving educational goals.
- Arrangements must be made well in advance for the use of State vehicles for transporting students. Students who choose to drive to the field trip on their own may do so; however, if students transport other students, written waivers must be obtained releasing the College from responsibility in the transport of students. Students under age 21 are not permitted to operate a state vehicle out-of-state. Faculty who transport students in their own vehicles must also obtain written waivers. The completed waivers must be submitted to Legal Affairs prior to the field trip.
- The primary concern of staff is the safety and welfare of students.
- Trips must be approved in advance by the appropriate dean.
- Postsecondary option students must have a parental permission slip before being allowed on any field trip.
- The cost of all field trips will be absorbed by the departmental budget.
- To accommodate the needs of students with disabilities, faculty must contact Accessibility Resource Center in advance to make any necessary arrangements.
Date of Adoption: 7/1/1999
Date of Implementation (if different from from adoption date):
Date of Last Review: 7/31/2008
Date and Subject of Revisions: