Transfer Pathways at Minneapolis College
The Transfer Pathway degree programs offer students a powerful option:
The opportunity to complete an associate degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities.
This curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the 7 Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
Here are the current transfer pathways offered by Minneapolis College:
- Accounting A.S. Transfer Pathway
- Art A.F.A. Transfer Pathway
- Biology A.S. Transfer Pathway
- Business Transfer Pathway A.S.
- Chemistry A.S. Transfer Pathway
- Communication Studies A.A. Transfer Pathway
- Economics A.A. Transfer Pathway
- History A.A. Transfer Pathway
- Law Enforcement A.S. Transfer Pathway
- Mathematics A.A. Transfer Pathway
- Political Science A.A. Transfer Pathway
- Psychology A.A. Transfer Pathway
- Pre-Social Work A.S. Transfer Pathway
- Spanish A.A. Transfer Pathway
- Theater Arts A.F.A. Transfer Pathway
While these transfer pathways are designed for Minnesota State's universities, not all universities offer pathways in all areas, something to check depending on your chosen study.
This program started with the Minnesota state legislature in 2015 to make transferring from a 2-year college to a 4-year college much easier and more certain for students who want to complete a bachelors degree, starting their studies at a 2-year school.