Returning Student

Welcome back! We’re glad you’re planning to attend our college again.

Before registering for classes, please review the steps for returning students.

Returning Student Steps

  1. Reactivate your StarID

    As a Minneapolis College student, you need an active StarID to access computers on campus, your email, your eServices and D2L (Desire 2 Learn). Find out how to reactivate your StarID at StarID Self Service.

  2. Request Transcripts

    If you have earned college-level credits, arrange to have official transcript from previous institutions, including other Minnesota State Colleges & Universities institutions, sent to the Registration & Records office (T.2100) as soon as you are able. This can be done by mail or electronically. Transcripts are required for transfer credits, financial aid and veteran’s benefits.

  3. Update Your Information

    It’s important that your Minneapolis College student record reflects your current information. Please complete the Readmission Form so the information can be reflected accordingly for you! 
  4. Make Appointment with Academic Advisor

    Now is a great time to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor. If you have not been enrolled for longer than 3 years, you can schedule an appointment by calling 612-659-6000. You can also visit with an academic advisor in Express Advising.

    Our academic advisors will review your academic plan and make sure you’re on track with course selection, credit transfers, degree requirements and more. If you feel comfortable signing up for courses on your own you may do so through eServices.

Additional Considerations

Financial Aid

Apply for financial aid as soon as you know you want to come back to school!

Career & Technical Programs

Re-acceptance to a career or technical program will be based on meeting current requirements for the program, your academic record, placement tests, and space availability in the program.

Academic Holds and Suspension

A hold or suspension on your record will require additional steps. If you are suspended you will need to complete the suspension appeal process. If your appeal is approved, you will be able to enroll in the college. If you have a financial hold at any college or university, including Minneapolis College, you are required to resolve the hold with Business Services before you will be able to enroll in courses at Minneapolis College.