Minneapolis College confers 3 types of awards:
- Associate degrees
In order to receive an award from Minneapolis College, a student must:
- Complete the specific award requirements;
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher for all college-level coursework that is required for the specific program;
- Submit a graduation application;
- Earn a specified number of credits from Minneapolis College; (see below) and
- Meet all financial obligations.
See Minneapolis College Policy 3.09 for additional information on graduation requirements.
Review your interactive degree audit (DARS) to check your progress toward program completion.
Credits Earned at Minneapolis College
As required by Minneapolis College Policy 3.09, in order to receive an award from Minneapolis College, a student must earn a minimum number of credits from Minneapolis College as follows:
- 20 credits for students seeking an Associate of Arts (A.A), Associate of Fine Arts (A.F.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.) or Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree;
- 12 credits for students seeking an A.A. degree, and transferring from another Minnesota State institution or the University of Minnesota;
- One-third of the credits required for a diploma or certificate