The Spanish Transfer Pathway A.A. offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Arts degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Spanish bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities*.
The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the 7 Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
Students planning to transfer outside of the Minnesota State System are advised to consult with their intended transfer institution to determine transferability of the courses in this curriculum.
*This transfer pathway in Associate of Arts in Spanish will transfer to the following majors:
- Bemidji State University: Spanish, B.A.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Spanish, B.S.
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Spanish, B.A.
- St. Cloud State University: Spanish, B.A. or Spanish, B.S.
- Winona State University: Spanish, B.A.
- Compose and synthesize practical and necessary writing materials to communicate effectively with and within local and global communities. ACTFL Intermediate Mid level for impromptu writing and Intermediate High level for formal, computer-assisted writing.
- Navigate familiar survival situation and interact effectively with culture-bearers accustomed to foreigners. ACTFL Intermediate Mid Level or better.
- Read, identify, and evaluate simple, connected printed and visual artifacts dealing with basic personal and social needs. ACTFL Intermediate High Level or better.
- Deliver, communicate and comprehend information in the target language to achieve a variety of personal and professional goals using oral and culturally-based expression skills. ACTFL Intermediate Mid Level or better.