Apply for Financial Aid
All students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), regardless of financial status. The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for a broad range of financial aid programs.
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1 each academic year. Include MCTC’s federal school code (002362) to have your FAFSA information electronically sent to MCTC.
- You do not have to pay a fee to apply for financial aid. Remember, the first F in “FAFSA” stands for “free”—so use the official government site www.fafsa.gov to submit your application.
- Complete additional requirements. You will receive an award letter or a request for additional information from the MCTC Financial Aid Office in approximately three weeks. Your award letter will be pending until the required information is reviewed and processed by the Financial Aid Office.
- If your application is selected for verification (one-third are), the MCTC Financial Aid Office will request that you submit your prior year tax return along with the appropriate Verification Form.
- Other examples
- If you have attended any colleges previously, the MCTC Financial Aid Office may ask you to submit an academic transcript from each regardless of grades received or courses completed.
- You may be asked to document your citizenship status, Selective Service registration or other information.
- Track your application online by logging in to eServices.
- You will receive an award letter once all required documents have been processed, telling you the types and amounts of aid for which you are eligible.
- If you chose to borrow student loans, you must take additional steps.
- Upon receiving your MCTC Choice Card, you can activate your financial aid overage refund preference. Visit www.mctcchoicecard.com and enter your card number to get started. Select the refund that is best for you.