Health Care Core Curriculum
The Health Care Core Curriculum (HCCC) starts you along a pathway to healthcare careers.
HCCC courses are part of program requirements for:
- Central Services Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
The HCCC aligns with state and national standards for the preparation of students pursuing health care careers. Courses with the HCCC provide:
- Skills needed to be successful in healthcare careers
- Support for making informed career and educational choices
- Pathways to multiple health careers
Seven courses within the HCCC:
- Behaviors for Success in Health Careers
- Communication in Healthcare
- Awareness and Sensitivity to Client Needs
- Respecting Client and Staff Diversity
- Healthcare Safety and Standard Precautions
- Legal Issues in Healthcare
- Healthcare Ethics
Two other courses within Minneapolis College HCCC:
- Behaviors that contribute to a successful career in the health care industry.
- Understanding of the various health care career fields, credentials, and pathways.
- How to utilize effective communication with clients, families, and health care teams.
- Gain understanding of the ethical and legal issues influencing health care.
- How to be part of an effective team.
- Increase critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Increase conflict management abilities.
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to clients' needs.
- Gain understanding of health care safety and standard precautions.
- Demonstrate personal and social responsibility.
- Gain ability to effectively utilize health care information technology.