Join the fast paced world of the healthcare field by becoming a Medical Scribe. In Minneapolis College’s program, you will get the skills you need to become a valuable part of a medical office. With hands-on training from experienced faculty, you will become familiar with the latest software programs and learn everything you need to know to join this ever-changing field.
- You will have abundant employment opportunities after graduation. You will be prepared for entry-level administrative positions in virtually any healthcare setting including clinics, doctors’ offices, hospitals, nursing facilities and dental offices.
- Equipped with sought-after administrative skills, graduates can choose where they work and what they do, including self-employment from home.
- Minneapolis College offers flexible schedules and formats, with most courses offered either during the day or online. Online and hybrid classes offer convenient scheduling options for students.
- A council of industry representatives guides the program. You will gain valuable real-world experience during internships.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop professional ethics and client confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of medical office computers and software technology.
- Develop professional customer services skills.
- Prepare effective business communications.
- Apply medical office skills and knowledge to the on-the job experiences.
- Successfully prepare a professional employment portfolio. (For AAS only)